Dupin Dive Centre
Contact number: 00 385 (0) 98 812 496
You can find private accommodation (rooms, apartments, villas) or hotel accommodation in the nearby area. See accommodation page for further details.
The closest airports are located in Dubrovnik and Split. Boats and overland transport are available from both locations to the island. It is also possible to drive from the North or South of Croatia reaching the island by the regular car ferry from the mainland (town of Orebic) to Korcula.
- As well as an average of 3,000 hours of sunshine a year the average daily temperature is 30º C (86 F) in July and 18º C (65 F) in October.
- The currency used in Korcula is the Croatian Kuna (HRK) and Euros are also accepted. There are a number of places to exchange money and many ATMs.
- Restaurant, bar bills and taxi fares should all be rounded up, unless a service charge has already been added. Tour guides also expect to be tipped.
- Citizens of the EU countries, U.S, Australia and New Zealand did not need visas to visit Croatia, if staying for up to 90 day. For other countries, check the Croatian Ministry of Foreign Affairs‘ website for visa requirements for Croatia.
- There are plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes located in Korcula Town and in the nearby town of Lumbarda.
- Throughout the summer many bars have live music in the evening.
- Evening events in Korcula Town and Lumbarda take place during the summer including wine tasting, fisherman nights and the knightly sword dance "Moreska".
Korcula Town Tourist Board - www.visitkorcula.eu
Lumbarda Tourist Board - www.lumbarda.hr
Korcula Explorer (info, accommodation & tours) - www.korculaexplorer.com
Jadrolinija (ferry company) - www.jadrolinija.hr
Autotrans (bus company) - www.autotrans.hr